- Lisle Library offers wireless Internet access using either a wireless enabled laptop computer or
other wireless device. Our access points are compatible with Wi-Fi 802.11a, b, g, and n
Wireless users must comply with all Lisle Library policies, including Internet policies. Policies
can be found in the library or online at www.lislelibrary.org/lldonlinepolicies.htm
- Wireless access is available on all levels of the Library. Signal strength is dependent upon a
variety of factors, and you may need to try a couple of locations to get an optimal signal.
Once your wireless device is turned on and detects a signal, it will indicate that wireless networks
are available. From that list you may connect with either “LLD” or LLD_public” (Only
LLD_public can handle 802.11n)
- We strongly recommend that our patrons take measures to ensure the security of their Internet
connections. The wireless network is not inherently secure. It is the user’s responsibility to
adopt security measures that are best suited to their situation.
Printing to a Library
printer - is in black & white only - via the wireless
connection. There are no print drivers or other software to install. Click on the Wi-Fi access and
printing link on the Library home page (or link below) and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please remember the user name you entered as you will have to give this name to
Library staff in order to pay for the print job and get it released to the
All print data
requests are transferred and encrypted using secure SSL communications. Printouts will
cost 10¢ per page. Payment must be made at the Circulation Desk in the Library and all print
jobs not paid for will be deleted after 24 hours. The print job will be available at the Lexmark
printer located at the Adult Services Public Internet Pod.
- Library staff will provide general information on the settings necessary to access the Internet via
these connections, but cannot provide technical support for patrons using their own devices and
cannot guarantee that your hardware will work with the Library’s wireless connection.
cannot assist in making changes to the user’s network settings or perform any troubleshooting on
the user’s own computer.
- Lisle Library District is not responsible for damage to personal
equipment due to misuse of the Internet and all other uses. Users should refer to their owners’
manuals or other support services offered by their device manufacturer.
- Any restriction or monitoring of a minor’s access to the Library’s wireless network is the sole
responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Library Wi-Fi Access Printing
© 1997, 2010 Lisle Library District, Lisle, Illinois. All Rights Reserved.