Library Vision & Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Plan provides goals in several key categories and guides the philosophy for Library services and operations. The Lisle Library District is committed to investing in the projects, resources and services to meet the objectives in each category.
Patron feedback about our operations, or suggestions for services and resources are always welcome.
Our vision is to enrich, educate, and empower the residents of the Lisle Library District.
The Lisle Library District is committed to enhancing the cultural, social, and lifelong educational development of the community.
The Lisle Library District will:
- Communicate its diverse resources, services, and programs through all available media that the public may more fully utilize and value its library.
- Encourage the freedom of expression and the free flow of ideas.
- Provide skilled and knowledgeable staff working in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Provide materials, technologies, services, and programs that will help meet the diverse and ever-changing needs of patrons, both within and beyond our walls.
- Provide a welcoming, functional, and comfortable environment both physically and virtually.
- Value and encourage cooperative relationships and partnerships with community organizations, educational institutions, governmental bodies, and other libraries, and will strive to strengthen these ties.
- Be dedicated to providing good patron and community service.
- Strive to operate efficiently and deliver good value with integrity and accountability.