Friends of the Lisle Public Library District
The Lisle Library District is grateful for the rich history of support from the Friends of the Lisle Public Library District (FLPLD). The FLPLD, in conjunction with the Lisle Woman's Club, was a key organization that formed the Lisle Library District.
The ongoing Booksale Nook in the Library is popular with patrons along with annual booksales. Funds raised by the Friends benefit the Library through programs and support.
The FLPLD is an independent, non-profit organization. The FLPLD has its own Board and policies.
The Mission of the FLPLD is to:
- Create public support for an expanding library programs.
- Work for library legislation and appropriations.
- Sponsor programs that add to the cultural life of the community.
- Encourage gifts, endowments and memorials to the library.
Friends of the Lisle Public Library District Board
- Douglas Cunningham*, President/Director of Book Sales, Director of Concerts
- Robert McCune, Director of Finances
- Cathy Cawiezel, Director at Large
- Rose Sepeda, Board Member
- Mike Czech, Board Member
Staff Liaison, Tatiana Weinstein, Library Director (email@example.com)
To email questions or for membership information, contact: Friends (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 630-432-7162.
* Doug Cunningham passed away March 2022.
"Doug Cunningham's passion for the Lisle Library was manifest in decades of dedicated service as a member and long-time President of the Friends. He leveraged the organization as a conduit for bringing information and enjoyment to the public, most notably through concerts and book sales. He will be greatly missed."
- Friends of the Lisle Public Library District