Be a Teen Volunteer today!
The LLD offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for community tweens and teens (ages 11-17 or grades 6-12).
Volunteer service should be fun and fulfilling for everyone!
You have the chance to grow confidence, find a place to succeed, be supported, gain friends, and have fun!
Interested? Here's a list of a few opportunities:
- Summer Reading Volunteer: Be a part of the largest group of volunteers at the LLD by supporting our largest program, the Summer Reading Program! Volunteers assist staff during youth/peer programs, register participants for the Summer Reading Program, hand out prizes, and log data.
- Adopt-a-shelf: Tidy and organize our materials.
- Decorate Displays: Help us make the Youth Services Department awesome by creating displays with staff.
- Kids Program Assistants: Assist LLD staff with our K-5 programs.
- Creating Videos: Help us to promote the LLD in a fun/digital way.
- Helping Staff Members: Cutting, folding, copying, cleaning, organizing.
- Post on the Teen Blog: Review your favorite book, movie, cd, and/or video game.
- Teen Advisory Board Member: Members of our Teen Board judge contests, decorate the Library, help develop peer-programs, and make recommendations that positively impact the LLD and the community of Lisle. The Teen Board is always looking for new members.
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out our volunteer application and turn it in to the Youth Services Department - or scan it and email the completed application to Volunteer Coordinator, Mallory Caise, at email@example.com.
To learn more about our volunteer program, please contact Mallory Caise by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone (630) 971-1675.