Lisle Library District is located 25 miles west of Chicago in the western suburbs of DuPage County. Serving the village of Lisle and a portion of unincorporated Naperville, Lisle Library District circulates more than 620,000 items borrowed by patrons each year.
Located at 777 Front Street outside downtown Lisle, the Library reaches about 18,500 patrons each year through events, programming and classes alone. Established in 1965, the mission of Lisle Library District is to provide the highest level of service, programming and materials that enrich, educate and empower the community.
The Lisle Library District contains a rich collection of materials, resoures, audio-visual items, technology and digital materials. It is constantly evolving to meet the dynamic needs of patrons, and serves as a place to research, study, experience cultural programming, grow in knowledge and gather as a community.
- There are over 12,000 cardholders of the Lisle Library District.
- Lisle Library receives nearly 179,000 visits annually.
- There are 110,000 physical items in the Library's collection.
- Lisle Library processes about 575 new items a week.
- Librarians fielded a total of 80,923 reference questions from patrons across youth and adult services in FY 2012-2013.
- Review our latest annual report for Year 2012-2013
Hours of Service
Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Library is open on Sunday throughout the year.