Lisle Library District is located 25 miles west of Chicago in the western suburbs of DuPage County. Serving the village of Lisle and a portion of unincorporated Naperville, Lisle Library District circulates more than 620,000 items borrowed by patrons each year.
Located at 777 Front Street outside downtown Lisle, the Library reaches about 18,500 patrons each year through events, programming and classes alone. Established in 1965, the mission of Lisle Library District is to provide the highest level of service, programming and materials that enrich, educate and empower the community.
The Lisle Library District contains a rich collection of materials, resoures, audio-visual items, technology and digital materials. It is constantly evolving to meet the dynamic needs of patrons, and serves as a place to research, study, experience cultural programming, grow in knowledge and gather as a community.
- In FY 13-14, we had 11,640 LLD cardholders, 3 non-resident cardholders, and 1,380 reciprocal borrowers.
- In FY 13-14, accordingly to our people-counter calculations, we had 171,458 visitors.
- At the end of FY 13-14, we had 172,382 physical items in our collection.
- Lisle Library processes about 575 new items a week.
- At the conclusion of FY 13-14, we fielded a total of 86,993 reference questions from patrons thoughout the Library.
- Review our Annual Report for FY 13-14 and our Independent Audit for FY 13-14
Hours of Service
Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Library is open on Sunday throughout the year.