Zinio, the Library’s online magazines subscription, provides a quick and easy way for LLD resident cardholders to read digital copies of their favorite magazines. Access Zinio via your PC/Mac or smart device using the The Zinio Reader App.
Zinio’s unique digital platform displays your chosen magazine page-for-page, including full-color pictures, while taking the reading experience even further through intuitive navigation, keyword article search and interactive rich media elements such as audio and video.
Newsweek, Car & Driver, Good Housekeeping, The Economist, “O” Oprah Magazine, MacWorld and PC Magazine are just a few of the popular titles that are available through the Library’s Zinio subscription.
How to create your own Zinio account:
• Resident cardholders can log in with a valid Lisle Library card. Scroll down to "Zinio" on our Databases login page and click.
• Select "Create New Account" on the Zinio platform page.
• Zinio will ask you for your name and email and will also ask you to create a password. You will use your email and new password to log into Zinio from either a web browser via a PC/Mac or any mobile device that has Zinio for Libraries installed. Passwords must have at least 7 characters, including letters and numbers.
• That's it! Browse away... and choose from over 80 popular magazines. To see all available titles, click inside the "Title Search" box. To see general subject areas, click inside the "All Genres" drop down box.
• Once you’ve found a magazine to check out, click on the cover. This will bring you to the check out page for that title. Click the "Checkout" button to finalize.
• To access your entire collection of magazines, click on "My Collection" when you are logged into your Zinio account.
• You may remove titles you no longer want at any time. To do so, go to 'My Collection". There is a trashcan icon next to each magazine. Click that icon to remove a title.
• You may print pages while viewing a magazine from your PC/Mac web browser [this function is unavailable on the mobile app]. Print options are determined by the publisher. You may be able to print a single page, a range of pages or none at all. To print, simply click the print icon located near the bottom left corner of the page that you are currently viewing.
Consider downloading the free Zinio for libraries app to your mobile device and then simply login using your email and password to access your personal library of magazines from anywhere.
Please note: The Zinio for Libraries app functions only as a reader. To search for and add new titles to your reading list, you must use a web browser and be on the page that has the Lisle Library District logo in the upper left corner (this page will also have an rbdigital web address.)