LLD CURBSIDE PICK-UP SERVICE
- On Monday, May 18, 2020, the Lisle Library District (LLD) launched the Curbside Pick-Up program. This program was organized because of the COVID-19 crisis, however this service has also fulfilled needs for those with mobility challenges, or for those who may have busy schedules and need a quick pick-up option. Read more about the LLD closure due to COVID-19 here.
- Curbside pick-up is available from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturdays. Registration for a pick-up time slot is required. See the “HOW IT WORKS” instructions.
- This service is reserved for LLD patrons only. This includes patrons who’ve recently applied for an LLD card online. Register for a Library card from home by clicking here.
- Pick-up items will be in plastic bags.
- A physical Library card or smartphone barcode is not required for checkout. Items will be checked-out remotely.
- Please pay attention to your due date receipt for return dates.
- Frequently asked questions | FAQs
- There is a limitation of 20 “held” items per week, per cardholder. NOTE: When scheduling a pick-up time, please indicate if you are picking up for more than one person/cardholder within your household by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 630-971-1675. If you are picking up for someone else, please notify email@example.com *prior* to picking up materials so that staff have time to verify permission/availability.
- Patrons shall remain in their vehicles when they arrive to pick-up holds, until a Library employee brings your items out on a book cart for pick-up.
- The curbside pick-up is to pick-up items only. It is not for returns. Please continue to return all items in the outside bookdrops.
- Certain items may not be “hold-able” at this time. Please check the online catalog for available items.
LIBRARY CARD INFO:
- Register for a Library card from home by clicking here.
- In order to renew an expired LLD card, or if you have additional questions about your card, please email your full name and Library card barcode number to Circulation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have reference or readers advisory questions please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will contact you soon.
- Place your items on hold: Visit the LLD online catalog and place the items you would like on hold. All items must be past quarantine to be circulated. Cardholders are currently limited to receiving 20 items per week. If you need assistance placing your holds, please call 630-971-1675 and listen for the phone prompts to direct you to a department, or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot reach us by phone.
- Verify that your items are ready: After 24 hours, log into your Library card account to confirm that your items are available. They will have a status of ‘Held’ when available.
- Schedule your pickup time: Once you have verified that your items are available, click on SCHEDULE LLD CURBSIDE PICK-UP. Go to the LLD online calendar and schedule a pick-up date and time that works for you. Look for LLD CURBSIDE PICK-UP on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays on the online calendar. There are limited time-slots for each curbside pick-up day (times/days may be modified if necessary). CALL THE LIBRARY (630-971-1675) IF YOU ARE SCHEDULING SAME-DAY PICK-UP. We will keep holds for 7 days.
- Pick-up your items: Once you have a pick-up time confirmed, drive to 777 Front Street, and enter the employee/bookdrop parking lot off of Front Street and park where LLD CURBSIDE PICK-UP signs are located (#1). Call 630-971-1675 to let us know you have arrived. Please listen for voicemail prompts to guide you. Indicate if you are picking up for more than one person/cardholder in your household. A staff member will bring your holds out in a plastic bag and place it on a book cart (#2). Once the staff member steps away from the book cart, please exit your vehicle and pick-up your items.
Please utilize the outside bookdrops to return all materials (#3).
Can I place a hold over the telephone?
Yes. Call us at 630-971-1675 and listen for the new phone prompts to direct you to a department or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
How do I return materials?
Please return materials in the outside bookdrops. Do not return items to staff members. There are two blue bookdrops stationed in the Front Street parking lot and one bookdrop at the Library entrance, under the canopy, on the east side of the building.
Are all materials available for pick-up?
No. Certain items are not available for pick-up, please check the online catalog for item availability.
What if I don’t have a mobile phone? How can I let you know I’m in the pick-up parking lot?
If you do not have a mobile phone to alert us that you are at the LLD to pick up your items, please notify us ahead of time via a landline call or via email, and we will make special arrangements for the pick-up.
Do I need a Library card?
Yes, you must have a Lisle Library District card in order to place holds. However, you will not need the physical card to pick-up your holds. All holds will be checked-out to you before you pick-up. Register for a Library card from home by clicking here.
What if I miss or have to change my pick-up time?
If you miss or have to change your pick-up time, call 630-971-1675 to reschedule. Items that have been scheduled and are not picked up will be cancelled after 24 hours. Please do not come to pick-up materials without a scheduled/confirmed online pick-up time.
What if it is raining or we have bad weather?
We will do our best to provide pick-up service in any weather. Should dangerous weather conditions arise, we will suspend services until it is safe. We will contact patrons as soon as possible to avoid complications. Please provide your contact information when you schedule a pick-up. Materials will be in plastic bags.
Why are you using plastic bags for pick-up items?
Plastic bags are being used to protect materials and for patron privacy.