Book Club Requests
The Book Club Request form is here.
The rules and guidelines are below.
LLD offers interlibrary loan services to local book groups. In an effort to accommodate private discussion groups that meet outside of LLD, patrons with valid LLD cards may request multiple copies of books from other libraries.
Local book clubs may request multiple copies of books if:
- The books are not current best sellers
- The books are at least 6 months old
- The books are not on hold at other libraries
- The books are available at lending libraries
LLD may not be able to fulfill a request due to circumstances beyond our control. Adult Services staff may offer alternate title suggestions.
Each book club member with an LLD card may utilize this interlibrary loan service. Reciprocal borrowers must contact their home library to request materials.
LLD reserves the right to limit the number of book clubs it serves.
How To Make A Request
- Please designate a contact person for your book club. The contact person must be an LLD card holder in “good standing” (the card is current and without significant fines/overdue materials).
- The contact person must complete an online or paper Book Club Request Form at least five weeks prior to the time of the discussion. Paper forms are available at the Reference Desk on the Adult Services floor. Please submit your requests as far in advance as possible. Please submit a separate form for each title request.
- In order to complete the Book Club Request Form the contact person must have the following information:
A. The title and author of the requested book
B. Number of copies needed
C. Special format requests (large print/books on CD)
D. The date of your book club meeting
E. The name of your book club
F. The names and contact information for all book club members who are LLD cardholders.
- LLD will endeavor to have the books available approximately 3-4 weeks prior to the book club meeting. Books will be due two days after the day of the discussion.
Responsibilities of the Contact Person:
- Complete the Book Club Request form at least five weeks prior to the date of the discussion.
Responsibilities of Book Club Members:
- Each individual book club member must pick up their book at the Circulation Desk and check it out with their LLD card. Book club members must have an LLD card in good standing in order to check out.
- In the event that a book club member is unable to pick up their own hold, they may contact Circulation Services and indicate that another individual (such as the Contact Person) has permission to pick up their items. Circulation Services can be reached at 630-971-1675 or email@example.com
- Each book club member is responsible for returning their book on time and paying any overdue/damaged/lost fees.
Please contact the Director of Adult Services, Elizabeth Hopkins, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-971-1675 ext. 1506