The Lisle Library District offers voter registration during regular Library hours, except during the legally required closed periods before elections. Official registrars can be found at the Circulation Desk. Please call ahead to ensure a registrar is on duty, as this service is dependent on the availability of authorized staff. In the case where a registrar is unavailable, public computers may be used to register online if within legal time period.
A Notary Public is generally available on Monday through Friday during the day. Citizens should contact the Library to confirm that a Notary is on duty and schedule a meeting. Citizens must present current, government-issued, identification that includes a photo and signature before notarization takes place. Administrative staff who serve as a Notary Public will:
- Follow the laws of the State of Illinois
- Not give legal advice
- Not give advice on drafting or completing documents
- Reserve the right to refuse notary service at any time
- Only notarize documents where the Notary and signer can both communicate using the same language
- Not provide witnesses. Witnesses may not be solicited from patrons or employees in the building. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification
We will not notarize:
- Real Estate Transactions
- USCIS Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification
- Passports or Copies of Passports
- Documents that are not in English
Due to Illinois Notary Law, staff are unable to certify copies of any document. If the Library Notary is unavailable, citizens may visit a Reference Desk and be referred to another agency that provides Notary services.
The LLD is proud to be one of the first libraries in Illinois to offer license sticker renewals. Transactions occur at the main Circulation Desk.
- Standard renewal sticker: $151
- Personalized plate: $158
- Vanity plate: $164
There is an additional $8.50 processing fee for each transaction. Cash, debit/credit, or money order are accepted (no personal checks). You will need your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and your license plate number.
This service is available Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Sunday from 1 to 4:30 p.m.