Pick-up Window Service
NEW DRIVE-UP, PICK-UP WINDOW OPEN!
On Saturday, April 22, 2023 the new drive-up pick-up window opens!
How to use the LLD Pick-up window:
Place your items on hold: Visit the LLD online catalog and place the items you would like on hold. If you need assistance placing a hold, please call 630-971-1675 and listen for the phone prompts to direct you to a Librarian, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Verify that your items are ready: After 24 hours, log into your Library card account to confirm that your items are available. They will have a status of ‘Held’ when available.
- Schedule your pick-up: Once your items are available, call the Library at 630-971-1675/press 6, or email Circulation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a date and time for your pickup (we keep holds for a total of 7 days).
- Pick-up your items: At the time of your scheduled pickup, drive to 777 Front Street, and enter the south parking lot off of Kingston Avenue. Drive around the building and pull up to the service window on the north side of the Library. Ring the doorbell for service or call 630-971-1675/press 6, to let us know you have arrived. A staff member will open the service window and hand you the items. Please bring your Library card with you.
CAN I SCHEDULE A SAME DAY PICK-UP? Yes! Patrons must call the Circulation Department directly for a same day pick-up: 630-971-1675/press 6 (no email requests for same day). Staff require one hour to prepare your items for pick-up.
PICK-UP SERVICE DETAILS:
- This program serves LLD patrons and reciprocal borrowers with valid Library barcodes.
- LLD cardholders may also use this service to pick-up interlibrary loan (ILL) items.
- Please indicate if you are picking up for more than one person/cardholder within your household by emailing email@example.com or calling 630-971-1675/press 6.
- Certain items may not be “hold-able.” Please check the online catalog for available items.
- Art prints and other large format items may not be picked up via the pick-up window.
- The drive-up service window is to pick-up items only. It is not for returns. Please continue to return all items by using the outside, drive-up, book drops.
FAQ | Frequently Asked Questions
Can I place a hold over the telephone?
Yes. Call us at 630-971-1675 and listen for the phone prompts to direct you to a Librarian or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for additional assistance.
How do I return materials?
Please return materials in the outside, drive-up, book drops. There are two, large, blue book drops in the parking lot off of Front Street. Patrons may also use the interior automated book drop located near the main Circulation Desk or the stand-alone book drop in the south entrance vestibule.
Are all materials “hold-able”?
No. Certain items cannot be placed on hold, please check the online catalog for item availability.
What if I don’t have a mobile phone? How can I let you know I’m ready for pick-up?
If you do not have a mobile phone, please notify us ahead of time (please allow 3 hours) via a landline call or via email, and we will make special arrangements for the pick-up.
Do I need a Library card?
Yes, you must have an LLD card or be registered as a reciprocal borrower in order to place holds. Register for an LLD card from home by clicking here.