COVID-19 & Lisle Library District (LLD) Operations
COVID-19 & Lisle Library District (LLD) Operations
7/6/2020 -- The LLD re-opened to the public with new hours, new requirements, added services, and limits on some resources and space - DETAILS.
7/3/2020 -- The LLD will re-open to the public on July 6, 2020. Due to the continued risk of COVID-19, the LLD is re-opening with modified hours, new requirements, added services, and limits on some of our resources and space. CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS.
5/13/20 -- LLD Board of Trustees regular meeting scheduled at 7:00 p.m. The Library’s Meeting Room and lobby will be open to the public solely for Board Meeting business. No other area of the Library will be accessible. In accordance with Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order 2020-32, all persons over the age of 2 who are medically able to tolerate a face covering (a mask or cloth face covering) must cover their nose and mouth when in the public space. Meeting attendees shall comply with social distancing guidelines and room arrangements. The Library also recognizes the Governor’s Executive Order No. 2020-07 which suspends certain requirements of the Open Meetings Act, allowing Library Trustees to participate remotely.
4/25/2020 -- Message from the Director #2
3/27/2020 -- Message from the Director
3/23/2020 -- Register for a Library Card from home today! - During the COVID-19 crisis, the LLD wants every District resident to have access to online/digital resources. It’s important that our entire community has access to educational, entertaining, & informative material during this challenging time.
3/17/2020 -- Intergovernmental COVID-19 News | Schools, Parks, Police, etc.
3/14/2020 -- COVID-19 Closure -- update
- There will be no fines for overdue materials during this closure period.
- However, our book drops will be open!
Library Cards that have expired or are about to expire (updated 3/18/20):
- LLD cards that have expired - or that are about to expire - will be extended during this closure period. If you are having issues using your Library card during this closure, please email email@example.com. Staff will attend to your issue as soon as possible.
- Databases and digital platforms like hoopla and eMediaLibrary are available via your LLD card!
- During this closure period, LLD staff are actively working on some other ways to connect with our patrons!
Contacting the LLD:
- LLD staff will continue to respond to email. Please allow extra time for response during this period.
3/13/2020 -- COVID-19 Closure Announcement
The Lisle Library District (LLD) will be closed as of 9:00 pm on Friday, March 13th until further notice. The health and well-being of our patrons is a priority during this high-risk period.
The LLD is in active communication with our other intergovermental agencies regarding safeguarding our community. Curtailing community-spread is our goal with all public closings. Please see the County/State/National links below for more comprehensive information regarding COVID-19.
- LLD Board of Trustees & Director.
3/12/2020 -- Message from the LLD Director:
In efforts to keep our community as safe as possible while still providing public services and materials, the LLD is suspending all programs in our Meeting Rooms until further notice.
The health and well-being of our patrons is a priority during this challenging time.
LLD Meeting Rooms A & B, YS Activity Room, and Large Group Study Room.
Until further notice, all public programs – LLD facilitated and programs conducted by outside groups, shall be suspended/cancelled as of Friday, March 13, 2020.
Having large groups within a confined space has been discouraged by local/state health officials. The smaller study/literacy rooms will remain open to those who wish to use them for study. However, groups will not be allowed reserve the larger group study room or other meeting rooms during this period.
Staff have contacted group organizers who are affected. Staff have also alerted those who have registered for LLD facilitated programs.
LLD Administration is following this situation closely and is in communication with the other intergovernmental agencies. Correspondingly, we have our attention on State and County agencies for further guidance and will alert LLD patrons via social media, emails, website/lislelibrary.org, and via all means possible.
Public Health | Approach
The LLD is taking a proactive approach to this community risk. Staff have increased sanitization and cleaning efforts. This includes regularly sanitizing desk areas, phones, doorknobs, elevator buttons, bannisters, and other commonly used surfaces. There are automatic hand-sanitizers throughout the building.
The DuPage County Health Department has recommended the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
If you are sick:
- Stay home.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue, and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch.
- DuPage County Health Department
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Should the current situation change, we will continue to communicate via this page and by all practical means as new information becomes available. We will get through this period via pragmatic decision-making -- I’m confident of that.
Tatiana Weinstein | LLD Director